Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Milestones

This morning, I dropped Evelyn off at her first day of school. I got up early to run, showered and dressed, then got Evelyn up at 8:10, assisted with wardrobe, made a hot breakfast (scrambled eggs and toast), read scriptures, fed the baby, changed and dressed the baby and still made it there before school started at 9:00. Since we got home, I've cleaned up after breakfast, straightened the apartment, vacuumed and steam mopped apartment, put the baby down for a nap, done the dishes, and cleaned both bathrooms. I am pretty much awesome.

Last night, Hyrum slept through the night 12+ hours for the first time (down at 8:00, and I woke him up at 8:15). He's pretty much awesome.

Have I mentioned that Evelyn looked absolutely adorable for her first day of school?



This morning during family prayer, she specifically asked us to pray that she wouldn't have any accidents at school. Then, she rode her scooter and carried her own backpack the entire way there. When we got there, she did not hesitate to leave me in the dust. She took the school director's hand and practically drug him down the hall while I waved goodbye to her back from the entryway. She's pretty much awesome, too.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Your whole family is pretty awesome! Hope she has a great first day of school! If nothing else; she does look darling!

Marissa said...

Holy cow! That's all pretty awesome! Sounds like a great day.

John said...

Emma, you ARE awesome!

k. said...

I love Evelyn's prayer. And your productivity. And H's sleeping pattern (it gives me hope).

eyre blog said...

I second what John said.

Joseph said...

I sense a theme in the comments. But, I, too, cannot help myself. You guys are AWESOME!

mid said...

https://www.tribunnews.com/nasional/2015/12/30/ini-dia-pertimbangan-saat-ajukan-pinjaman-uang-untuk-pendidikan