As a Mormon woman who does not craft, has no crafting skills, and is really not interested in crafting, anything involving decor becomes a bit complicated. Should I attempt something cute and then see it fail miserably? Not even try, like at Amy's baby shower, when I presented her gift in a gallon-size ziplock bag because I realized at the last minute that I had no bags, paper, or ribbon at home with which to wrap? Which is worse? It's hard to say.
For Evelyn's third birthday party, I decided to avoid the issue entirely by having her create the invitations. I think they turned out rather well, except for the part where I decided it would be a good idea to write information on the back with glitter crayon instead of just preprinting the backs via computer prior to having her decorate the fronts. Oh well. Live and learn.
I should probably be more embarrassed about the fact that I thought a 2-year-old could create better invitations than I could, but as I said above, my lack of skills and interest has really deadened me to shame on that point.

5 comments:
I like it.
One of the things I love about you. As for the party, I was upset about missing it and then 30 seconds later realized that I was just missing an apartment full of crazy screaming toddlers...and then I felt better.
I'll just satisfy myself with leftover cake.
I'm with you on the 'no craftiness.' I have given up trying to be crafty, and now I just purchase things from others who have the crafty talent. :) But I think that is the cutest idea to have her decorate her own invitations. I might have to steal that one from ya!
very sweet. we miss you guys. mckay was yelling out Evelyn's name the other day at the playground. then he got a little embarrassed when he realized it wasn't her.
Confession: I'm a terrible gift wrapper and used to tell people who eyed my packaging critically that my sister had done it. Which worked until she turned six and started wrapping things better than I did.
We all have been given different gifts so that we would need, and so that we could help, each other. Judging from Evelyn's side of the invitations, if you give her a year or two, she'll be able to design and decorate your apartment for you. *wink*
Post a Comment