Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tonight

I had to say "no thanks" to free a US Open ticket because:
-I started a mild sleep training program for Hyrum the yesterday
-Evelyn has her first day of school tomorrow morning
-I cannot, unfortunately, leave my toddler to babysit my infant, and finding a babysitter to come at 7 when it's already 6:15 is pretty much impossible

I have lived in NYC for 8 years and never been to the US Open. John has gone each of the last few years with business associates, sometimes multiple times. Occasionally there is a ticket available at the last minute. Never, however, is there a babysitter available at the last minute.

I find that I have spent a lot of time lately reminding myself that there is a time and a season for everything, right? Just barely two kids in, it seems like I will have small children and no babysitter forever, but I am trying to have faith that this is not the case. And in the meantime, hanging out with these two really isn't that bad, especially since Hyrum has been giggling a lot the past few days.



Just look at those legs! Every time I take him to the pediatrician, she tells me how he's climbing the growth charts and then asks whether I'm sure I'm not supplementing. Nope. One hundred percent home-grown chub.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hey, that jumper looks familiar! I hear you, now that I have 2 kids, reliable babysitters are the holy grail of motherhood I have decided. I hate missing things too.

k. said...

Let's go to the Open next year. Seriously. Like, get a babysitter for the DAY. Neither one of us will likely be pregnant or breastfeeding (maybe). Deal? We've only been once, but it was oh so very fun.