Monday, September 13, 2010

Important clarification

Evelyn: Are you still married?

Me: Yes, I am married to Daddy. I will always be married to Daddy.

Evelyn: No, you're not married anymore.

Me: Yes, I am. I am married to Daddy forever.

Evelyn: No, you're not married anymore because Hyrum came out.

The above exchange then turned into a quick discussion about the differences between being married and being pregnant. I guess I should be glad the two are linked in her mind, but I'm pretty sure I'd like her to be a little more aware of the differences between them.

---

Hyrum now sucks his thumb while he sleeps. Have you ever seen anything so adorable?


Except for, perhaps these shoes . . . and the baby wearing them, of course.

4 comments:

Brooke S said...

Emma - I think this is beginning to delve into the Freudian philosophies... Don't worry, she'll get over it. :) Sorry we don't live closer, I'd totally babysit for you at a moments notice... Maybe not this week, though - we're moving. You guys sure have some super cute kiddos!!!!

Jill said...

that picture of hyrum sucking him thumb? so cute. and evelyn is the smartest 2 year old i know.

MaryBeth said...

A-freaking-dorable. Love it.

Melissa said...

I love little baby shoes! Even though they don't really need them there's just something so cute about seeing those tiny shoes on a baby.