- Weight, 16 pounds, 3 ounces - Check
- Height, 25 1/2 inches - Check (although I am not sure she is right. I want to check again at home)
- Shots, one in each leg - Check
- Official invitation to start solids, which we already did, last month - Check
And, a strangely sad moment when she suggested that I go home and lower Evelyn's crib mattress. Can my little baby really be getting big enough for that? But I won't be able to kiss her forehead anymore after I lay her down.
Hmm . . . good point.
(Before you start thinking I'm a bad mother for not lowering it already, I helped with the initial sit up. She hasn't even rolled in bed yet, although she does it all the time when out of her crib.)
5 comments:
the milestones are bitter-sweet, aren't they?
I used to balance myself over the one side of the crib - which luckily held my weight to kiss my baby... Now, he gets himself in bed, but kisses me first!
Mary's girls are 26 inches tall, 16 lbs, and they are 13 months old... Oh well... but they're cute!
(We have two stroller's too... one for long trips and one for short ones to the park.)
Cute update - you are such a good mom! It is a sad day to lower your crib - the 2-6 months stage is my favorite!
Love your comments on accountability - you look amazing as is!
In NYC you always feel sluggish in March/April but soon we will be soaking up the sun and chasing our kids around the the park!
My father in law set up the crib with the mattress at the lowest setting so I never reached this milestone!
I think E weighs nearly as much as Cat these days! WTG Momma!
I have literally almost fallen into the pack n play trying to kiss wee Claire. They are too scrumptous not to kiss while sleeping.
Post a Comment