The trip was fun. Careen got lots of good stuff. They are going to have one well-stocked kitchen, let me say. And I found myself wondering, as an established married person with a child, shouldn't I really have a mandoline? Right?
Evelyn has learned, as of Sunday, how to grab toys from other kids. I guess her days of happily sharing because watching someone else play with it is funner than playing with it herself are officially over. Fellow play group attendees, consider yourselves warned.
In any case, the trip was a success. And we arrived home to new countertops . . . sort of. They went in Monday, so now, we're just waiting for tile backsplash install; sink, dishwasher, range and microwave hookups; paint; baseboard (really only one board, I think); undercabinet lights (the plug in kind); mouldings; and the arrival of the new fridge. The last is still at least 2 or 3 weeks away, but we're hoping virtually everything else will be done by Saturday, since it's Evelyn's half birthday party (if you're in the area, consider yourself invited - email me for details). Keep your fingers crossed . . .
March 24 - What do you mean "Easter is over"? What do you mean "the candy is gone"?
March 25 - Replacing Easter eggs with green beans? Seriously? I thought you were smarter than that, Mom. Evelyn has since decided she will stoop to eat the beans if mixed in a 1:2 ratio with sweet potatoes.
March 27 - traveling in style
March 27 (again)
March 28 - What would a girls' weekend be without a trip to the salon?
March 29 a - Before Newton licked Evelyn's toes (but probably after she pulled out a couple fistfuls of fur from his face, poor puppy)
March 29 b - After Newton licked Evelyn's toes
April 1 - Documentation of a bad mother moment.
When we came home from church Sunday, Evelyn was already exhausted from not getting a nap (too busy grabbing toys from other babies - see above). She was being really good, but I could tell she felt pretty miserable. I was hurrying to buckle her in and get out of there so we could load up and get to the airport, at which point I was hoping she would take a late nap (which she did - as opposed to on the flight over, when she cried, loudly, for about 45 minutes straight; someone on our flight back was on the same flight coming out and remembered us because of it). Anyway, I'm in a hurry, juggling with her dress, and I buckled one of her little leg rolls into the seatbelt (it got pinched between the two pieces). She gave the saddest cry. I almost cried, too. And now she has this bruise to show for it.
4 comments:
Cat never would eat baby food green beans for me! And I've pinched Cat's leg rolls more than once in the car seat. And bonked her head on the door frame getting in and out. Sigh. The poor girl doesn't stand a chance!
Emma welcome to the world of motherhood. LOL I don't think any child has gone unbruised! (I wanted to cry to the first time it happened to Maggie, luckily nothing with Ellie yet!)
A trip to the salon and making a new friend with Newton what an exciting weekend. Sooo sad I had to miss. Thinking now that it is a good thing I decided not to buy a plane ticket and come.
1. Love the wallet story. So glad someone returned it!
2. Miss S has totally sworn off green beans. We're going to try the sweet potato trick.
3. I once clipped Miss S's pacifier to her chest (it was a thin shirt) with the tunno tots ribbon-thing. I think I was more traumatized than she was. So sad!
Post a Comment