Sometimes, life is hard. Case(s) in point:
-Selling your apartment: hard
-Moving: hard
-Commuting from Washington Heights to midtown east/upper east side for 7 months while pregnant: hard
-Buying and renovating in a co-op building: hard
-Caring for a toddler: hard
-Caring for a newborn: hard
Then, sometimes, things get harder. Example: Caring for a toddler and a newborn while still living in Washington Heights and commuting to east midtown to oversee renovations is harder than any one of the above alone.
And sometimes, things become so hard, that what seemed hard or harder before now seems easy in comparison. Example: Checking into the hospital hours before a move you've been planning for months and trying to keep a breastfed newborn satisfied when you're not allowed to eat or drink for 20 hours at a time because you "might" be having surgery. Even with an angel mother there every second to help care for Hyrum, kind friends stepping in at the last minute to watch Evelyn/unpack/etc, and a husband dropping everything to supervise the move/FIOS installation/locksmith, etc, this last is still harder than all the other stuff.
So, right now, I'm sitting in my new apartment full of unpacked boxes just really happy to be here. And happy to have recently eaten a large milkshake and grilled cheese sandwich after 40 hours during which I was only allowed to eat over a 4-hour period. And grateful to everyone who stepped in to make any of what happened over the past three days possible. And tired. Peace out.
7 comments:
have mercy, emma. surgery?? are you okay?
wow, it's been rough for you! Here's hoping you can get settled and back into a nice routine quickly!
what the h emma... are you ok??
I'm glad you are home and well fed. We were praying for you.
Emma, I've been thinking of you so much these last few weeks! I hear your little Hyrum arrived and LOVED all the sweet pictures and precious updates on your little guy. I can NOT believe how much you guys have going on right now and want to let you know that I'm praying for you. If anyone can do it, you can. You are so strong!
Lots of love-
Erin
Okay -so I'm finally catching up on blogs and trying to figure out where you are. New apartment on the East side? I never even saw the last one and I didn't realize you were in the Heights while waiting to get into the new place. I'm telling you - you guys are amazing! Congrats on #2 - we SERIOUSLY need to get together soon. Lets plan a night and I'll bring some treats. Love ya!
What happened? Ahhh!
Post a Comment