Thursday, July 21, 2011

Random summer fun

We have had many little adventures so far this summer, some funner than others. A few highlights:

1. Visiting a petting zoo/farm/etc on Long Island, where Evelyn finally got that pony ride. This was actually pretty cool, and I wouldn't mind going back sometime, perhaps when the weather is not quite so sweltering? Actually, I kind of feel that way about most things right now. Wow! That was fun! But it would be funner if it were 20 degrees cooler outside! That's summer in New York for you.







2. Restarting FHE and rediscovering s'mores. We are all big fans.




3. Checking out Governor's Island.


4. Shake Shack! And discovering that Evelyn can walk almost 4 miles if you let her push this little stroller all the way. Sadly, we left said stroller at the playground the other day. I anticipate ordering a replacement stroller. Stat.



5. Candy carnival at Dylan's Candy Bar. There are benefits to being just around the corner from all the action. Games and free candy! Everyone's a winner! The exclamation points just won't stop!




Evelyn, when you grow up, just remember: I took you on a pony ride and to a candy carnival. I am automatically the awesomest mom ever. Amen.

No comments: