Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ballet camp

Last week, Evelyn did a morning ballet camp. Apparently, I am the only parent in New York City who has not already enrolled my daughter in ballet. She was the sole child there (in a class full of three year olds, mind you), without real ballet shoes. I guess time will tell as to whether she was scarred by having to wear dress up slippers to ballet class for five days. Since I can't seem to keep her in any shoes at any time or place, I seriously doubt it mattered.


For the record, John did her hair that morning.

There is a very long video of the end of the week performance. In the video, Evelyn runs across the stage once and then stands around with a bunch of other little girls NOT waving the scarf she was supposed to be dancing with. That last part, you can't really see because a column was blocking her. And now you're all caught up on her first dance recital!

The best part of ballet camp was the other little girls.


One friend took such a shine to Evelyn that we've already set up a play date for Friday. Is it strange I was somewhat flattered? Also, a little relieved that the mom who sought me out was parent to a child who liked Evelyn, not parent to a child who Evelyn pushed in a much-discussed incident earlier that week.

No comments: