Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy birthday Charles

As an oldest child, I've been lucky to get lots of visits from siblings who are still unmarried and childless. Unfortunately, they keep doing things that prevent them from visiting me as often as I'd like, things like getting real jobs or starting families of their own. How rude!

Luckily, I can still sometimes work my magic to eek out a visit. A few weeks ago, Charles stopped by for a couple days and even asked me to take a picture of him with my children. He discovered what many have found before: I am not a skilled photographer.


Today is his birthday, so of course we will be calling him in a bit for Evelyn to sing him "Praise to the Man Who Commued [sic] with Jehogah [sic]." We have a peculiar way of showing it, but we are very glad you were born, Charles. Happy birthday.

(Admit it. You sort of wish it were your birthday today, too.)

No comments: