Sunday, June 5, 2011

Travel Log: California Road Trip Edition - Napa and Muir Woods

Tuesday, cont.


-Road trip refreshment of the best kind.


-Stop at Apple Store in Walnut Grove for over an hour while John ponders whether or not to buy an IPad. Frugality wins. For then (now, not so much).

-Check into the Old World Inn in Napa.
-Dinner at Redd. The pork belly was one of the best things I've ever eaten, I think.



-Successfully make it through a one-hour primetime TV show without falling asleep for the first time since leaving NYC. Jet lag finally abates 2.5 days before we come home.

Wednesday

-John: sleep in, Emma: morning run along the railroad tracks (no pictures, for obvious reasons)
-Breakfast at the inn, pretty solid
-Drive through Napa and Sonoma counties.



-Stop for produce at a roadside stand



-Drive into Marin County


-Stop off at Muir Woods to see the redwood trees. I kept looking ahead on the path and thinking, "Those trees really aren't that big." Then, another person would come into view and I would realize that the person was about 1/10th the size I expected based on the size of the trees.





Just for you, Mom, I brought back a picture of me hugging a tree. It was the least I could do after you watched my kids for free for 9 days and all.


-Decide not to avail ourselves of the our First Amendment right to freely express ourselves.


-Drive across the Golden Gate bridge into San Francisco


-Take the long way down to Palo Alto
-Scramble around for a place to eat lunch in Palo Alto at 3:30 p.m.
-Drive around a few campuses.



-Return the rental car. Final tally? 6 days, 7 hours, 1282.5 miles


Next up: San Francisco

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sonoma County - my hometown!