Sunday, June 5, 2011

Travel Log: California Road Trip Edition - San Francisco

Wednesday, cont.

-Make ourselves at home for a trip into San Francisco on BART.
-Check into Palace Hotel


-Dinner at Tropisueno - yuppy Mexican food, but we didn't have time to go to the Mission district

Thursday


-Emma: morning walk; John: sleep in/work






-Hit up our favorite smoothie joint


-Amble around our hotel's neighborhood




-Grab some Runts (not pictured)


-Head over to the Ferry building for lunch at the Slanted Door. Yum!



-Stroll along the morning's walking route


Bay Bridge

-Pick up some locally made chocolates for the grandmas






Alcatraz


-Check out Bojangles




-Keep on walking, all the way over to the Palace of Fine Arts. Yeah, it was far.

But worth it. So worth it.








-Take the bus back to:





Also, so worth it.

-Wait 45 minutes to take the trolley car back to our hotel.




Friday


-Morning run for Emma. Morning sleep for John. Morning trip to the airport for both of us, followed by a nice long, leisurely plane ride sans children.

2 comments:

Di said...

Whoa - the Palace of Fine Arts is gorgeous! So glad you two had a great time. I meant to tell you to contact Candice/Bryant if you had time :( Would love to see you both sometime soon! xo

Nancy said...

i love that you went to SF! Also, my mom's office is in the Hearst Building, so awesome that you have a picture of it.

Also, she commissioned me to take some photos of it but I didn't think I could get a good picture (without traffic and everything blocking it) from across the street but clearly you proved me wrong, I might need to go back.

Also, sorry to comment on a bajillion things at once, but I thought your post on being left in NYC was beautiful.