---
from: Laurel
to: Emma
date: Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 6:23 PM
subject: Funny
So we got home. She went in her room and started saying, "night, night." I said she had no pajamas and no dinner. So she just brought me her Christmas pajamas and said, "milk"
date: Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:03 AM
We had a rather entertaining battle of wits this morning. We went running with the big stroller and I brought my ID and credit card (my only one since I haven't gone home yet to pick up that replacement my bank sent me) just in case. Well half way through I got tired of listening to my book so I stuck my headphones mostly in the pocket. Stupid me. Well as I was getting out of the shower, she saunters into the bathroom with my MP3 player and headphones. Oh no, I thought. Went to check the stroller pocket and, as predicted, the ID and credit card were both gone. Not on the floor anywhere obvious, no that would be too easy for me. Not in the other stroller (which she spends much of her time trying to climb in since I can't figure out how to fold it). "Evelyn, where is my credit card?" So she goes and picks up the expired AmEx card that she plays with and starts wandering about with it. "No where is the blue one." She provides the following look: "blue, what is blue, i do not know what that word means, hahaha." Eventually she starts trying to slide her AmEx card into the coffee table, like she did at Rupa's office on your birthday. I checked inside and there was my credit card and, with a little digging, my driver's license. 2 points Evelyn. 1 point me.
date: Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 10:04 AM
Now she's walking around with her arms folded saying, "Amen, Amen."
---
pix message from Laurel
date: Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 8:36 AM
Good morning

---
pix message from Laurel
date: Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 9:03 AM
Oatmeal is yummmmm

---
Chat with Laurel
Mar 21 9:06 am
umm, was that cinnamon you decided she was allergic to?
---
from: Laurel
to: Emma
date: Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 4:20 PM
subject: Re: How are you guys doing?
At the moment, shorty and I are having another battle of wits. Well less wits than stubborn-ness. Just got back from jogging. She won't get out of the stroller b/c she's having too good a time saying "out, out" and trying to buckle herself back in. I obviously can't shower until she gets out. It's a fun time. Every once in awhile, I say, "Out?" and hold out my hands. She sits way back, shakes her head and says, "no, no." Then she laughs. And PS. No worries if you got my nice little IMs this morning. She's recovered well from her little bit of red face after eating some lovely oatmeal with cinnamon and brown sugar. She liked it so much she kept saying, "YUMMMMMMMM" and trying to drink it out of the bowl. When I finally peeled the bowl off her face and saw the bottom half was totally red, I said, "oh, no." She said, "More." But don't worry, with benadryl she was cured in 30 minutes.
---
pix message from Laurel
date: Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 5:24 PM
Park

---
pix message from Laurel
date: Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 9:48 AM
She's hugging your picture.

---
from: Laurel
to: Emma
date: Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:31 AM
subject: Re: To clarify
Yeah, she just had a little accident. I actually just put her down for a very early nap. She fell backwards from standing off the side of the couch and hit the back of her head hard against the wall (it's possible there's a small dent in the wall). After she wanted held for awhile then she just wanted "night, night." She ran in her room and was pulling key items out of her crib through the slats saying "night, night." So eh, I figured, early nap won't kill her for one day.
---
from: Laurel
to: Julia, Emma
date: Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 8:49 AM
Hi Julia,
This is absolutely not urgent but I just wanted to let you know that you might want to plan a switch with Emma at some time. It seems that we came home with an extra book yesterday "Harry the Dirty Dog." I'm assuming that it is yours and thus am very sorry that the back cover has been ripped off. Also we are missing her purple cup, so that might be at your house. It could also of course be at the doctor's office or in the gutter somewhere in which case (we definitely don't care) we will just give you back your book (no switching involved).
Thanks again,
Laurel
---
from: Laurel
to: Emma
date: Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 6:05 PM
subject: You'll be so proud...or not
I have now trained her such that she will go beat on the entertainment center doors and demand "signing time." You should be cautious of even the most casual reference. At least we haven't been watching porn. That's something.
---
pix message from Laurel
date: Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 8:23 AM
Don't worry. She's keeping up on her personal scripture study.

---
pix message from Laurel
date: Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 11:53 AM
We love the park.

---
from: Laurel
to: Emma
date: Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:05 AM
subject: Well
All I have to say is that while your apartment is very roomy without you (and your bed is very comfy...though Charles is very messy), I will NOT be sad for you to get back!
---
Laurel, looking at all these messages again reminds me that I owe you big time. Thank you again for taking care of my kid 24/7 for 8 days with no benefit to yourself. You really are the best, and we are so excited that you're moving to Boston and therefore closer to us.
9 comments:
I second your remarks, Emma. Thank you Laurel. Emma and I had a wonderful vacation in Italy, and it would not have been possible without you!
Who is the Laurel chic? Will she travel to AZ? She sounds amazing!
funny funny. she did great job and we'll be sad to see her go, but we're glad you are back and that you had a great time. can't wait to catch up.
Ah this makes me miss the little stinker. I can't believe how old this girl is now! I hope you had a grand time in Italy and although it sounds like E had a blast on her own little vacation I am sure you are missed.
and Laurel, you are a very very good sister!
Oh and this is Cait
I loved reading those clips! The picture of her hugging your photo is very cute.
Those emails are classic. I'm glad that you're keeping a record.
You're welcome. She's really rather addictive. I definitely miss her now that you're back and I'm gone. Though don't worry about me, I've decided to forge ahead through the pain and console myself by sleeping in until 10 or so every day. That's just what you do when you lose your early rising friends.
I would like to weight in on this aunt/neice time together. Laurel, remember you are working for favorite aunt status here and it is hard work. I seem to remember getting up at dark thirty for little people named Emma and Laurel and it was very good for me. However Emma and Laurel you might have been tramatized the the whole thing. I think it was good for all involved.
How fun!!!
Post a Comment