Friday, March 13, 2009

Still got it

Yesterday, I visited my brother in a pediatric psychiatric hospital ward. It was terrible. When we got there, he completely ignored us; wouldn't even look at us, talk to us, or acknowledge the Reese's peanut butter blast we brought from Sonic. And that was the part of the visit that went well.

Today, my parents went back, but Careen and I stayed home. Today's visit was reported to be much more successful than yesterday's. It is said to have involved tickling and card games. When my mom asked Lucien if he wanted her to bring anything, he said "my sisters." He also said, "Three corndogs, fries, and a large soda."He is, after all, a 10-year-old boy.

Apparently, Careen and I did not go unnoticed by everyone present at yesterday's visit, however. Lucien's roommate is "an 18-year-old drug dealer." This is the roommate he got after an "incident" with his first roommate. New Roommate is said to have inquired about Careen and I because we are "totally hot."

"Especially you," my mom said. She somehow managed to avoid guffawing while she told this story, despite the fact that last night (Thursday night) I hadn't brushed my hair in 24 hours and was sporting smeared mascara from Wednesday morning and the same clothes I had worn Wednesday, slept in Wednesday night, then flown in Thursday morning and worn all day.

Mere minutes after hearing New Roommate's opinion of my sister's "hot"ness, my brother-in-law was on a flight to Ohio. Ah, newlyweds.

My husband felt no such inclinations. "It's a good weekend for you to be gone," he said. "I have tons of work to keep me company."

4 comments:

Nancy said...

well, you are smoking hot.

MaryBeth said...

Haven't I told you that everyone here thinks you look like Giselle? Maybe you could some free drugs :)

I'm glad visit number two with your mom went better. Hopefully your next visit will be just as good.

Elizabeth said...

You know the smeared mascara only made you hotter! ;)

kellyclay said...

You definately still have it!!!