Saturday, March 14, 2009

Still Got It (Part II)

*****Please read “Still Got It” below (written by Emma) before reading this post (written by John)*****

I'm not gonna lie. On this one, I am with the 18-year-old drug dealer. Emma, you ARE smokin' hot, even when your clothes are a little stale. You've definitely still got it!

Just for clarification, Mark Valentine (Careen's new hubby) had already purchased the ticket for other reasons before this "hotness" incident took place. So his decision to come to Ohio wasn't one of those passionate newly wed reactions.

On the other hand, I am here in New York working like crazy this weekend so that when Emma returns and we head to Italy (sans Evelyn), we can have an incredibly romantic eight-day vacation in the streets and candle-lit restaurants of Venice and Rome...without any disruption from work. Now that I have a fresh reminder of your hotness, I may just work a little harder this weekend so we're sure not to be disturbed by work. Now that's a dedicated husband. That sounds to me like what a newly wed man would do for his beautiful new bride.

But no, wait. This refers to us! We're not newly weds; we're on our fifth year of marriage. Isn't the passion usually gone after just 2 or 3 years? Aren't we supposed to be some kind of a passionless business relationship by now? No ma'am. Not for the New York Pretes. The New York Pretes are still getting called out for excessive PDA. We sometimes disappear and other folks wonder where we went. I could go on, but you get the picture.

In my humble opinion, the "Still got it" title of this post appropriately refers to both your hotness and to our passion for each other. You still got it, yes. Indisputable. But we still got it, too.

8 comments:

Marissa said...

LOL! Great response John.

Kaylynne said...

A trip to Italy is so much more romantic. One point for the non newlyweds of the world. Y'all are too funny.

Sine family said...

Oh you crack me up. You too are to great for each other. Emma I'm totally comfortable saying that you are hot. PS I'm totally in love with my husband. :)

Rochelle said...

You two are so cute! I'm glad you "still got it"! Keep it up! Enjoy Italy!

Brooke S said...

I do love when you have the time to write a post. It reminds me how witty you are - and just makes the day fantastic! Have a great time in Italy. Vacations sans child are so fun! (Vacations sans extended family are REALLY fun!)

5 years, huh? Hey me too! At least your Anniversary in on Friday. Mine is in the middle of the week. Hmmm.... where should we venture.

Nancy said...

i'm glad the spark isn't gone going into your fifth year of marriage, even if you aren't "the Valentines." especially since we got married 2 weeks before you guys.

kellyclay said...

John and Emma you are both awesome!!!

I hope you have a wonderful time in Italy!!!

hopefully someday Dale and I will be able to take a trip like that together sans kids!!!

Anonymous said...

just in time for a little rendezvous in La Italia! Ciao and have a blast! :)