Monday, July 14, 2008

Memory (blog version)

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

Thanks for the idea, Kathryn.

14 comments:

Christina said...

I'm first! You and I wrote on BYU's newspaper and went through the Comms program together. You were famous for your straight A's. I was so happy to hear from you years later about how you were marrying my good friend John. I know you will always remember hauling that jumperoo across Manhattan (twice) if nothing else!

CINDI said...

Which one to pick! How about Christmas morning right before you turned two. Your parents had taken Laurel to the emergency room and left you at home with me. My instructions were to not let you downstairs where you could see what Santa had left. So to entertain you I taught you how to go down the stairs on your bumb. Just on one many.

Sine family said...

Having access to a car for a full week and doing everything from Costco to the beach. Wow those were some good days.

Brooke S said...

So, funny story. I must have been thinking of this post as I went to bed last night. Because I had a dream that we came to visit you and went to Central Park. (which was much smaller than I had imagined - and I think this is not the case)

So, a memory of John. He taught me how to do back flips on the trampoline - a practice which I continued until I landed on my head. And now I have to land on my back first. We are the closest in age - a mere 6 weeks apart (and I being much older and wiser!:) So, I find it appropriate that we got married within 9 days of each other. Happy 4th anniversary next week.

I have always loved it when his family visited every 3 years. And now that we're grown, sadly it's much longer.

So, I hope to form new memories with the both of you soon...

k. said...

I remember when we (a bunch of girls) went out for pizza & the talk quickly turned to babies... all things babies. Scary things about babies (to me- I'm easily overwhelmed). At least scary to me. And then we talked about hormones. And things. And I realized that I was normal, and you took the time and talked to me individually afterwards, and convinced me that (someday) it will all be okay... that I can do it. It was so nice to have someone talk to me in a non-condescending way on the topic. Very refreshing, and I think it was then that I just really knew that we would be good friends. :)

Kassie said...

How funny...I just read on my friends blog and she is doing the same thing!

Emma memory...the first sunday in our ward I saw you and you were looking super cute and young and someone told me that you were a lawyer and I thought "what? she looks about 18.5!" I've been impressed with you ever since!

Melanie said...

Well I have several fun memories of you, like how we knew you always wore biker shorts under your jean jumper in China but those old men at the train station didn't and you couldn't get up that major step in a ladylike fashion so you suddenly hiked your skirt up to your waist and nearly gave several of them a heart attack! That still makes me laugh. Or how much fun it was to be together at Suzhou. Or how you got us singing for Church on Sundays. But I think one of my favorites was when I was sick and you and Jen went out in search of real orange juice for me and came back with orange juice, a stuffed bunny, and the piece de resistance- that Tweety bird with a light in its head and a fan in its belly. It really is one of the wackiest, tackiest things ever but I still have it and it always gives me a lift and a laugh when I come across it, which is what the two of you intended it to do. Thank you! You have always been a great friend and a radiantly beautiful lady!

Laurel said...

I think my best memories of you are from BYU when you got tired of your friends and realized that mine were really fun. And we used to go out on dinner dates and discuss how many Audi TT's our educational pursuits would cost us. Then there was the night we watched 10 minutes of Scream from Cleanflix before coming to our senses..."why are we torturing ourselves" and returning it. Going to the Skyroom on my dining plus and you would make me couscous stuffed peppers. Making cow pants (well actually aunt sue made mine). Those were good times. That must be what it's like being married...always having someone to hang out with you.

TnD said...

It's that sassy red dress you wear to church Emma, the one that perfectly matches you spunky personality. Every time I think of you, I think of you in that dress.

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

I can't even remember the first time we met, or really if we had any classes together (we must have, but I'm drawing a blank). But I will always remember running into you at the movie theater at Provo Towne Center after a free screening of "Remember the Titans". I think you were with your sister and I believe you either just got braces or just got them tightened. Either way, you said they were hurting. And you talked about studying for the LSAT.

I have always been impressed with how smart you are. Even after losing touch and then getting back in touch I was not one bit surprised to hear that you were a lawyer in NYC.

Oh, and whenever I see your aunt, I always think of you!

Anonymous said...

the first time we met at church - i asked if you were 'new' too - the look you gave me said, 'uh, no sista.' but you were really nice about it. and then when you found out what i was doing in the city your face lit up and i realized you were actually interested in me...most women tend to avoid the subject of what i am doing with my life. i heart you babydoll! :)

and oh yea, one more thing - like TND said - that red dress...dang gina! keep on keepin' on! (i love it - and you definitely work it with the personality). mwah! :) we miss you guys already - come over to our place will ya?! we need some of john's rapper mojo :)

Kaedi said...

One word: babies. I don't even know where to start. Remember when we ordered in, watched a movie, and bounced our babies to keep them from crying?!? Oh those fussy days... I'm so glad to have a dear friend going through the same thing at the same time. Also, who can forget the fabulous times in the good old Manhattan 8th ward?!?

Anonymous said...

we were in a ballroom dance class together at BYU, you were really graceful. I also have lots of memories of riding the bus with you to church, and going to 8th ward get togethers. Thanks for always being a smiling face.

Anonymous said...

I remember holding you in my arms as a tiny baby and completely losing myself and my sense of reality as I looked into your eyes. I remember "FIFTY DOLLARS!!" and "Pappa, I want the one with the 2 on the zero on it." I remember watching you cheer at Friday night Page High Football games. I remember you on the phone with Simon really late at night doing Physics homework. I remember visiting you in NYC and going to class with you. You were taking lecture notes, emailing, searching out dinner on the internet, and instant messaging all at the same time! I remember on your wedding day when you said "Why is everyone crying? and then you cried dancing with your Daddy. I remember on my way home from Belize when you called me and told me you were going to have a baby--the joy that swept all my sadness away. But mostly I remember you PHONE NUMBER because I use it so much ("Can you look something up for me on the internet?") Love Ya!