"Truth is, identity theft isn't hard. A number and an ID is all you need to drain a bank account and return some money to some very surprised retirees. But why stop there? As long as you're stealing someone's identity why not use it to contact some known terrorist organizations on unsecured phone lines? Why not use it to threaten federal judges and insult the local drug cartel? Most fun I've had in Miami."
For those of you who've never seen Burn Notice, now might not be a bad time to start. Since the writers' strike left us with an emaciated season this year, I never really got my primetime fill (judge if you want, but I'm home every night, often [less often lately, though, which has been great] alone, from 7:30 until I go to bed). If you can't stomach the reality fare offered up as "all new" on the major networks, take a look at TNT (The Closer, starting next Monday) and USA, which have some new shows this summer, some of which are pretty decent. Is Burn Notice realistic, soul-shaking drama? No, but it's entertaining, some of the writing is sort of witty, and the lead actor is pretty easy on the eyes - about all I require. New episodes start this Thursday.
2 comments:
ok you've sold me I guess I'll watch and see what I think.
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't found a good show in a long time!!
Sounds like John is working hard.
Post a Comment