Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


I know many people (most people I know, actually) dislike Valentine's Day. I kind of like it. Some years, we don't do anything (see last year's Valentine's Day post), but I think it's a nice opportunity to spend some time together, if nothing else. Our tradition used to be staying in on Valentine's (as recently suggested by Caitlin in a post on this same topic), but this year, John surprised me with dinner reservations and a babysitter. Sweet! Also, this year Evelyn made valentines for everyone, so, you know, that was a load off.

(February 12)

* * *
February 11 - Straphangers, unite!

February 13

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Velentine's Day to you, Emma! As always, E is a doll!

Katie said...

E is a doll! Valentines is fun now with kids I think.
Happy valentines from M and E to E!

Unknown said...

I think it's funner with kids, too, even though she's only a baby. Giving the silly little valentines to all her friends really made it funner for me.

angelique said...

oh my goodness, you have a baby, you own an apartment, you've submitted briefs to the Supreme Court - just found your blog - started crying when I saw the pic of your family at the top - cannot even begin to tell you how sorry i am that i've been missing this - evelyn is so, so beautiful - hope you and jon are well - love, angelique