Wednesday, November 7, 2007

First Smile?

I think I may count today as "first smile." She has smiled a few times already, mostly while falling asleep or while eating, but it never really seemed intentional. Today, after her afternoon nap, I gave her a big, sloppy kiss on her forehead, and while looking away from me, she broke out in a big grin. I did it two more times, and two more times, she smiled while looking away. A few minutes later, she smiled while looking right at me!

I have officially become one of THOSE mothers who thinks everything her infant/toddler/child does is amazing and talks about it ad nauseum. And I don't even care. Having a baby really does change everything, after all.

7 comments:

John said...

Where's the picture of that smile?

Unknown said...

I was too busy trying to get her to do it again to take a picture. Pictures will just need to wait until she's a more reliable smiler, I guess. You'll have to take my word for it for now.

Cassie said...

I can't wait to see it!

Cassie said...

Of course evelyn IS the most amazing baby ever--and cutest too!

The Jackson Three said...

Such a great feeling...when they smile at you intentionally! Congrats! It just gets better and better (and I know now because I'm a veteran!) :)

Kaedi said...

Yay!!! Of COURSE it was intentional!

The Bryner Family said...

We knew your baby would show signs of genius at an early age.