Friday, April 8, 2011

The puzzler

Evelyn got her second report card the Friday before Spring Break. In the comments section, the teacher mentioned that she had really improved on puzzles and could complete puzzles with up to 24 pieces with only a little help. "Evelyn, Miss Erin said you can do puzzles mostly by yourself; she only has to help you a little! That's great!"

"No."

"No what?"

"No, Zoey helps me. I do them mostly by myself and Zoey helps me a little."

This is the blessing and the curse of being 9 months younger than some of the other kids in your class, I guess. In any case, I pulled out her three puzzles, and Miss Erin was right. She did them mostly by herself with me sitting on my hands and trying to answer every request for help with a question. ("Hmm, what do you see on that piece?" "Yeah, where would his hand go?" Or, at the end of the third puzzle, when I was less patient, "Interesting, does the grass go in the cloud?")

But the first one she really did do completely by herself. Who knew?!?

2 comments:

CINDI said...

Do you realize how absolutely precious Evelyn is? So adorable. She does make the sun come up in the morning you know.

Cassie said...

I quite agree. I know she makes my sun come up in the morning. Sure miss her.