Monday, December 6, 2010

December fun

Last Sunday, I half threw a half-birthday half-Christmas party. It was 6 months to the day after Hyrum's due date, and since he and his friend Jack were due on the same day (although born 1 week apart), it seemed appropriate to honor the fact that, together, they are one year old!

As far as the half-threw part goes, I mean that I agreed to buy a premade Costco birthday cake and tell my doorman to let the visitors up and Jack's mom Melissa did everything else (invitation, food, drinks, etc). At the last minute, I also drummed up a couple pictures of the boys in tinier days, bringing my contribution to just shy of 5% of the total work and expense involved.

In any case, the half-guests of honor seemed to enjoy the evening. Jack had much more impressive cake-eating skills than Hyrum. I looked forward to this moment the most because Evelyn had put on such a show back when it was her turn. Hyrum disappointed, managing a half-hearted lick of the bowl at one point and never really getting any cake into his own mouth. Thank goodness Jack was a little fiestier.












All in all, a successful evening.

1 comment:

Melissa Milewski said...

Very cute videos - we need to get a copy!