The past few weeks have been exciting ones here in the Big Apple. And I'm not just talking about the drama of walking outside to a sunny, cloudless sky and then finding myself drowning in street water 20 minutes later. (We stay at home moms of toddlers have to savor unpredictability and changes to our routine where we find them, sometimes.) No, over the last month or so, I have been privy to several celebrity sightings.
Don't be jealous, but while running behind a 60-pound stroller in 80 degree heat the other day, I saw, with my very own eyes . . . Peter Jacobson. Twice. (We were circling the park in opposite directions.)
Then, earlier this week, I "ran" into Mark Feuerstein rehearsing lines on the East River Esplanade.
At this point, you may be saying to yourself, Wow, these are lame celebrity sightings. I don't even know who these guys are. In fact, I did have to look up their names, and it took me a few minutes to place them as characters on television shows I happen to watch. But by a broad definition of the term, they probably qualify. All of which got me thinking, what is a celebrity anyway? People, usually attractive people, who are recognized, by name or appearance, to a large number of people whom they've never actually met in a given society or area? It's all relative, isn't it?
And that definition is really broad enough to include a wide variety of people, which brings me to my third and most exciting celebrity sighting.
Sighted, in Montreal last weekend. Tall, brown hair, hazel eyes, great teeth. You may not know him, but if you're LDS in NYC, you've probably at least heard of him. And I had him all to myself for 3 days (in celebration of our 5th anniversary). Lucky, no?
5 comments:
I think the Mark guy lives in my area becasue I have seen him a few times but couldn't place him, so thanks for the ID.
But I must say that your celeb sightings are not as exciting as my latest Ruben sighting ;)
Happy Anniversary!!
I wouldn't have even guessed that those men were actors, how did you know?
Happy Anniversary!!
I love Royal pains and house!!
Cool sightings. I saw Tracy Morgan. He talks just as he does on TV. I thought he was doing A skit for 30 rock but there were no cameras.
Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's already been 5 years! How was your trip?
Post a Comment