Walking on the shady side of the street when its 20 degrees out because she hates having the sun in her eyes.





Preparing her (already late) lunch right when you walk in the door, before you go to the bathroom, when you've already been holding it too long.
Sharing the expensive yogurt.
Making room for a jumperoo.

Cooking a meal you know you'll be cleaning off the floor in less than 10 minutes, then eating mushy vegetables because she likes them soft.
Cooking a meal you know you'll be cleaning off the floor in less than 10 minutes, then eating mushy vegetables because she likes them soft.
Little arms that only reach around your neck when her cheek is pressed close to yours.

Sleeping on the wall side of the bed.
Sleeping on the wall side of the bed.
Installing dimmer switches so you don't wake me up when you get ready for early meetings.
Folding someone else's socks and underwear.
Never buying ice cream or cookies when I'm off treats.
Picking the picture in which you don't look that great because it flatters someone else.
Understanding on the days when you give love and it goes to someone else instead of coming back to you.
Accepting double standards and, occasionally, outright hypocrisy.
When the first words you say in the morning are "I'm sorry. I hated how we left things."
Not needing the apology to forgive.
Love is usually not romantic. It cannot be edited down to under three hours, including credits. It is beautiful and valuable in part because it defies categorization or description. It just is. When you give it, you know.
9 comments:
That was a very sweet post. I related to several of these. Thanks for sharing.
I see that we were successful in our attempts to teach her how to color. That is very encouraging because, well, judging from the finished product on our first effort, we were horrible failures. Something must have sunk in though...
amen. great post emma.
Love the post. Great thoughts. Happy V-day!
Great post Emma!!!! I can relate to so many of the things you said!!!
Well said!
I agree Emma. Love is a lot of work:)
BTW way to run 8 miles outside in the cold. I last about 4 outside until I can't feel my fingers then it's the treadmill or spin.....
xo
Did Katie come visit you!!! I'm so jealous. Also, the security letters I have to punch in right now are "sadam"...a little funny, right?
Another Emma-ism post that I will attempt to incorporate into my daily thoughts!
You inspired me then and still do! I miss you.
Post a Comment