Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cheating

My parents used to have this joke when they were dating. My dad would say, "Remember the time we went to X / did Y / saw Z?" Then, my mom would say, "That wasn't me; that must have been your other girlfriend." Apparently, this is not a joke that has to end when you get engaged or even when you get married. I got clued in when I was about 10 and I heard my mom say something to my dad about his "other wife." Whoa! I had no idea we were that kind of (soon to be ex) Mormons.

But it's no joke when I say that I've been cheating on this blog, spending all my time on my "other" blog. John and I are toying with the idea of selling our apartment, and we've created a blog as website for it. Since this blog is public, that one is too, and they both contain personal information which, if combined, would be a little too public for my tastes, I'm not going to link to it. You'll just have to imagine it: an upstart 20-something of a blog competing with this first-wife blog for my attention. Jealous?
* * *
I can't let the other blog have all the good stuff. Laurel reminded me regularly during the summer that I still had not posted pictures of our new kitchen. I was holding back until the floors were finished. Now, I realize you can't even see the previously offensive floor section. Oh well.


Finally, for Mom and Cindi, so you don't feel like you read this whole post in vain, and to keep this blog true to its roots (don't change, little blog; be who you are; you are more than just smooth skin and expensive highlights):




9 comments:

JAMIE said...

the kitchen turned out beautifully! Worth all the delays, noises and more!

CValentine said...

Wow...In that last one, she REALLY looks like you. And you kitchen! I love it. Probably wouldn't have been brave enough to do purple walls (or were they like that) but I actually really like it.

Sine family said...

I hate cheaters. :) Thank you for keeping us all updated. I guess I shouldn't care since I see you every day and know what you are up to anyway.

Jill said...

oh i want to see the blog. i know where you live any way. :) good luck if you do decide to sell, are you sad after all of that work?

Julie said...

I love to live in renovations and then sell the place as soon as it becomes livable. Join the fun!

Anonymous said...

sell and move near us. :) we haven't seen you in forever!

The Doig family said...

So what, without giving away too much information, are your plans if you sell?

critts said...

wonderful job! it looks fabulous! where did you find that rug in your family room? I love it!

And PS I realize I keep asking where you get things. I don't get out much anymore. :)

kellyclay said...

Love the Kitchen!!!! I can't wait to post pictures of my finished Kitchen it still looks exactly like it did when you were here 6 months ago!!!