Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Overheard


E: Hey! Welcome back! How was your trip?

S: About as good as could be expected. Didn't get much sleep. I think the 'rents learned their lesson about redeye flights, though, so that's worth something.

E: I hear you. We had a rough night a few months ago on our way to Vegas. Ever since then, I've had my own seat. Hopefully yours are quick on the uptake, too.

S: Here's to hoping.


E: Love your pants by the way. I picked up a pair for fall. So cozy.

S: These? Oh, they're just something I throw on when we're out and about for errands. Speaking of out and about, can you believe this weather?

E: I know! My "assistant" forgot my sweater this morning. I was freezing!


S: That's rough. Hey, can I grab a circle? Thanks, you're the best.


E: Anytime. Aw, look at that. They're talking and laughing and everything. We really should do this more often - get the girls together.

S: It is nice to watch them entertain each other like this. Next week at the park? She really seems to enjoy the swings - must be the calming effect of pushing.
E: Sounds good to me.

12 comments:

MaryBeth said...

LOL! I love it!

Bobbi said...

So cute. I love it!!

k. said...

That's just plain fun. :)

Jill said...

I read this to Brad and we were both laughing. I bet you'd be in trouble if they knew you were listening in. ;)

CINDI said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a girl friend to share with!

Carma said...

Delightful!

Sine family said...

Yeah I agree with Jill I think that was a private conversation that should not have been quoted on a blog. :)

Love it. Can"t wait to hear what they talk about when Abbi is around.

kellyclay said...

how cute!!!

Katie said...

great post Emma. Loved the play by play!

Kaedi said...

Emma, this is hilarious! Love it! Can you imagine what they must have been saying to each other during the sleep training?!? Yikes! Lets do the park next week!

critts said...

Love it! They are such cute friends.

Marissa said...

OK, seriously, I have no wit for stuff like that. I LOL so hard tears rolled.
They are really so cute.