Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remember

On those days when it seems like the world around you is collapsing (melodramatic much, Emma?),


just remember.

It can. Literally.


It hasn't yet, to me or to you.

We're still here.
Be grateful.

That is what I hope to teach Evelyn, at least, when every year I cry on this day.

That and always try to have some kind of shoes you can run in or climb down dozens of flights of stairs in within easy reach. Emergency preparedness is more than just canned wheat and 72-hour kits, baby.

5 comments:

TnD said...

I rad the name Cantor as a last name today and started crying thinking of Cantor Fitzgerald and all the people they lost. I then wrote 9/11/08 randomly and started crying again. It is still so sad.

k. said...

True. It's all about keeping perspective, right?

Beautiful picture of you and E.

Megan said...

Well said Emma. Thank you.

critts said...

That is a wonderful picture of you and Emma! I love it!

Great perspective.

kellyclay said...

Well Said Emma. I know on this day every year I count all of my many blessings, and cry for all those that lost so much on this day.

I love the picture of you and E.