Friday, September 26, 2008

Bankruptcy diet


Take any healthy eating plan. Eat everything prescribed by your plan. The add one or more of the following:

-3 cookies' worth of dough, 6 baked cookies, half tub of frosting, granola bar

-half a pizza, half a bag of candy corn

-etc, etc, etc

Avid readers may remember my pledge in April to finally lose the last five pounds. This was one month after Bear Stearns' collapse. Let's just say things haven't exactly gone as pledged. But what's a girl with too much nervous energy to do? Sitting around the apartment. Watching the economy collapse. Worrying. And look how happy eating makes us.



Until we realize it also makes us fat, that is.

For religious reasons, smoking, drinking, and most mind-altering substances are out. I already exercise. Any other ideas, preferrably ideas that can be implemented with an almost toddler in tow?

7 comments:

cecily said...

Emma, I'm so sorry... I feel your pain. John is smart motivated guy. I'm sure if his group isn't purchased by some company that he'll find another job quickly!

Is he still going into work... or is he home now?

MaryBeth said...

One thing, one suggestion.

First, I totally feel Evelyn's pain. I hate when I get so excited about food I end up smacking myself in the face...it really hurts.

Second, to lose those last few pounds I suggest you use a differently scale. It could be off by five pounds and then wallah! Instant gratification ;)

k. said...

Love Baby E. She's cute. :)

I need to lose 5 lbs too (you don't look like you do though). I vote for long Saturday walks/runs through the park. Together. And maybe stopping by Levain Bakery on the West Side while we're at it. :)

kellyclay said...

Emma, first of all you are gorgeous and you do not look like you need to lose 5 lbs.

second of all Evelyn is a adorable.

CINDI said...

Don't you hate it when you get all excited about eating and you hit yourself in the face. Real bummer. But that won't keep E down long cause she is too cute.

Anonymous said...

I'd suggest shopping but that's probably not the wisest move.

Pass the chocolate.

CValentine said...

I'm with Cindi and marybeth. It really sucks when the food bites back. Oh, well. E has to learn these things somehow. We all know that batter beaters are delish, but they hurt on the scale and in the face. There are natural consequences to eating delicious food.