Thursday, June 19, 2008

Refrigerator madness

In my inbox when I got back from my midday walk*:
Dear Emma Prete,
Thank you for your order with homedepot.com. We are pleased to inform you that we have shipped one or more items in your order W062670913 to:
Shipping Address: xxxx
Using: Special Delivery
Shipping Date: Jun 19, 2008 1:11:08 PM EST
Order Confirmation #W062670913
Order Date: Feb 18, 2008 12:11:26 PM EST
______________________________
1 Compact Stainless Steel Refrigerator with Bottom Mount Freezer
_______________________________________
Um, what are the odds that the refrigerator
{-you know, the one we waited 3 months for before they told us the earliest delivery would be mid-July
-at which point we discussed and discussed before deciding we couldn't wait that long
-and then found a different refrigerator that cost twice as much}
would ship two hours before I called to cancel the order?
Luckily, a very nice man named Calvin says I can just refuse the order when they call to schedule delivery and then call Home Depot to get a refund. In his words, "Looking at this history, honestly, I don't see how they could NOT refund your money." However, this was only after I was transferred twice, one person told me they couldn't even find my order, and another person told me there was no way to cancel once an item has shipped. I had a mini panic attack. As if renovating isn't expensive enough. I'm SOOOOO not paying for two refrigerators.

* * *

June 17


June 18 - back in the saddle again, so to speak



June 19 - Evelyn's favorite thing to do right now is to pull herself up to a crouch. She can't reach high enough to pull herself up on the furniture, but a bumbo or a stray parent's leg is low enough to allow her the leverage she needs
*Running was out since I practically pulled my shoulder out of its socket grabbing the railing while falling down the stairs the other day (about half a flight); my arm completely refused to run and push the stroller at the same time.

2 comments:

CINDI said...

Miss E looks like she is feeling better. Hope all of the Prete's are.

k. said...

Wouldn't it be fun to live in the suburbs and have a GARAGE to put an extra refrigerator in? Like, for all of the huge stuff you buy (or would buy) from Costco but don't have room for? My in-laws only have 1 child at home, but have enough food between their THREE refrigerators to feed a small army.

I'm glad you don't have to squeeze 2 in your apartment.