Saturday, January 12, 2008

Holiday picture roundup

We had a fun and eventful holiday. In 19 days, Evelyn and I made 5 one-way plane flights. Impressive, huh? Evelyn also proved that she can roll over from front to back (first on December 23, for the record), although she lacks the motivation to do it regularly. She gave us her first real belly laughs, although nothing seems to consistently evoke them (once it was her bath, once it was tickling, and another time riding on a rocking horse . . . random). And of course, she gets cuter every day. Especially today, when she took a 2.5 hour nap (I think perhaps her longest EVER) this morning and then another 2 hour nap this afternoon during our fruitless trip to Brooklyn (2 hours each way only to get there 10 minutes before the store was supposed to close to find out they had closed early). These naps come at a good time, as I had been sending desperate emails to all the new moms I know the past few days due to a run of really horrible 30 minute naps accompanied with lots of screaming - growth spurts are great that way.


I'm sure I'll think of more amusing holiday stories later, but for the moment, forgive a post that's mainly (1) a lot of pictures and (2) a list of dates/things I want to remember for later but can't even remember to write down somewhere now.


* * *

December 20

December 21 - Christmas #2 with Mommy and Daddy this time - Are those presents for ME?!?!?

December 22 - why does that baby like playing on her tummy so much? I hate playing on my tummy. What does she know that I don't?


December 23

December 24

December 25

December 26

December 27

December 28

December 29

December 30

December 31 - Mommy was too sick to take pictures - for those who might be wondering, food poisoning and nursing don't mix; I could barely hold the baby up. Luckily, she didn't suffer too much, just a bad diaper rash.

January 1 - missing; maybe someone else has one

January 2

January 3

January 4, coming soon, pictures of Evelyn and great-Grandpa

January 5 - again, maybe aunties or Nana has one . . .

January 6

January 7 - pre National Championship euphoria - Go Bucks!

January 8 - well, at least the cougars won their bowl game . . .

January 9 - home again - not sure I like this . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness, Emma, she's getting so big!

Kerstin said...

I am bummed we couldn't see you over the holidays! Looks like you had a fun vacation. Know what you are feeling about those naps- Charlotte really never was a napper no matter what I did. She started getting better and more consistent oh around 9 months but she still only will sleep for like a hour. If you hear of anything magical to get babies to sleep longer, let me know.

Unknown said...

Almost 13 pounds, can you believe it?

Kaedi said...

I can't believe how much she changes everyday! She still has all her hair, too -- Adorable!