Monday, January 28, 2008

6 more weeks

Late last week, I got the call I'd been hoping for since before I started my maternity leave - the firm is upping paid leave for the parent who is the primary caregiver by 6 weeks. My maternity leave was scheduled to end on 12.30, but I took some vacation to extend it until 1.20. Because I was still on some form of paid leave during part of the month of January, I qualify for the extra 6 weeks! Woohoo! We're definitely going to dinner to celebrate, as soon as I can handle leaving Evelyn alone long enough (I'm not thinking a quick dinner in the neighborhood - more like a 3-hour affair somewhere further downtown - Gramercy Tavern is calling my name).

* * *
January 24 - after a few weeks of frustration at seeing other people walking around with Phil and Ted's in a semi but not fully upright position, poring over the online directions, and wondering why I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to get my stroller to do the same thing, I just asked someone. Unzip the zippers with the buckles buckled. Of course! Luckily Evelyn finally gets to actually see where she's going instead of just what's overhead. Trust me, she loves it.

January 25 - for my sister, Careen, who has expressed her opinion that Evelyn looks like my sister Laurel, I present to you . . . "the pony face"


(and just so everyone else isn't totally lost . . .)


January 26


January 27

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paid maternity leave! Isn't it grand!?!?

Kaedi said...

Grand, indeed! I will forever be "grateful" to my lovely employer who pays a whopping $185/week after taxes for 6 whole weeks. Ugh. Emma, enjoy dinner! :) You can leave Evelyn with us for a playdate, if you'd like.

Unknown said...

Ooo, maybe I'll take you up on that.

And sad to say, your employer probably doesn't even pay that. I think it's NY state. How pathetic!