This triumphant quote is courtesy of the partner for the case on which I have spent the majority of my time at the firm. In celebration of the conclusion of the third year of the case, we all went to Nobu for lunch, where I ate my weight in spicy shrimp tempura, but that's another story. A very boring story. (I actually initially came onto the case during its first anniversary celebration, which coincided with my first week at the firm and merited only a strawberry shortcake cake and champagne in a conference room; last year we went to Chelsea Piers and hit golf balls and ate Mexican food.) We were a large group, and we lingered long after the Nobu lunch rush had died down.
About half-way through our meal, Jessica Simpson came in and sat down right smack in my field of vision. It took me a while to recognize her, but eventually, we all confirmed that it was in fact Jessica Simpson. A few minutes later, she whipped out a blackberry to send a quick message - the same model we all have at the firm.
Frankly, I think the fact that we have the same blackberry might be insufficient support for claiming that Jessica Simpson is "just like us!" My impression is that the only thing Jessica and I really have in common - other than the blackberry - is long, blonde hair, although my coworker (yes, John, a female coworker) did point out that pregnancy has increased my bust size somewhat, so maybe we're less dissimilar on that count than we might usually be. Otherwise, though, I actually think we have very little in common, and certainly, the partner has less in common with her than I do (let's all hope). And I'll admit it: I'm very happy not to be "just like" Jessica Simpson.
2 comments:
Emma, I would have to say you are much prettier than she is. :)
Em - we also know which one is the real blond.
Post a Comment