As scheduled, I had my second estimated fetal weight ultrasound today. If they had comment cards at the hospital, I would have given my tech an A+. Seriously, I'm thinking of asking if I can request her should I be at the same hospital for our next baby. Her name was Deborah. She was wonderful.
The tech at the 19 week anatomy (gender) ultrasound was relatively good at explaining what we were looking at, but when I went in July for the EFW, the woman barely said two words the whole time. At the end, she gave me absolutely no information about how big the baby looked, whether anything seemed off, etc. Deborah was a different story. She explained what we were looking at with each screen and cheerfully answered all my questions throughout. At the end, she actually told me how big the baby was measuring, and she said the doctor would probably fax the report to my doctor this afternoon or tomorrow (in contrast to last time, where the tech told me nothing and said the doctor would get something to my doctor after about a week). So, here's the update on Baby.
-Still a girl :)
-Brain, head, heart, stomach, diaphragm, bladder, kidneys, amniotic fluid, etc, all looks good. And she's head down (as she has been at every ultrasound so far).
-Late third trimester weight estimates are notoriously inaccurate, easily varying by a pound or even more from the actual weight. The tech estimated her weight at 5 lb 14 ou but then basically told me to disregard it because it means virtually nothing at this point. The percentile is what matters. She is in the 32nd percentile. At the July ultrasound, she was in the 30th percentile, so she's on the small side, but growing appropriately and, again, there's no reason to be worried.
-She doesn't have long hair or much hair, but she does apparently have a little fuzz, so she's not completely bald.
1 comment:
amazing they can look at all of that. so glad that all is well!
Post a Comment