
View from the East River Esplanade on a Monday morning
Weekends are really beautiful things when you can spend them with a loved one outside the office. This is true even if you while away the hours drilling through thick metal window frames, already dotted with numerous holes, in order to install new blinds (a trick that requires an 18-volt drill, as we discovered, which luckily one can rent from home depot for a mere $13/4 hours or $18/day).
It's hard work, though.
Frankly, I think the glasses are kind of a turn on. In my opinion, observing proper safety rules is totally sexy.
And, if you happen to pry your metal windowframe a little bit away from the surrounding wall because your screws are too long, it will probably still be okay. (John claims the blinds won't fall; they still feel really stable.) You can always paint over it or hide it with some sort of decorative valance later.
Your blinds will still look great.
Because I haven't posted one in awhile, and because Mom is clamoring for it, here's a 34.5 week pregnancy picture. The devil eyes are really attractive, I know, but I don't have red eye remover on this computer.
2 comments:
You are almost there!!! I can't belive how tiny you are. Where Is that baby?
She's definitely in there somewhere. She was freaking out when the wall guys were using the nail gun to put up the baseboards. In her defense, it was pretty loud, even in the bedroom with the door shut.
Post a Comment