Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The day the wall went up

No pictures yet (the connector for the camera is in the bottom of the bookcase, which is currently blocked by the couch and coffee table, which I don't want to move back until we paint), but the wall is up! I'm really pleased with how it turned out. The french doors let in a lot of light and air, so it really does still feel relatively open (considering), and some light comes in from the bedroom as well.

They put the baseboards on, so I don't have to get the baseboard guy back to do that. They swept and even mopped up after themselves. If I'd had any cash in the house, I would have tipped them, but somehow, it seemed like the quarters left over from laundry day might be taken as more of an insult than a gesture of appreciation.

So, sometime this week, we have to prime the wall and woodwork around the door; then, this weekend, we'll paint the wall, the door trim, and the baseboards. After that, we can put the carpet squares down in the baby's room. The pendulum has apparently swung in the direction of it looking like my mom may not be able to come with the furniture before the baby is born, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. I can't wait to get everything set up. I may have to resort to putting the bedding on her mattress on the floor and folding/stacking her clothes in the empty bookshelf. Wait, that's totally pathetic. Hmm . . .

1 comment:

Jill said...

can't wait to see how it turned out!