As I sit here waiting for documents to be loaded so I can help review them (a thankless task in the best of circumstances), I thought now would be a fantastic time to jot down a quick blog entry. But then, I started to write and realized I had nothing to say. What to do?
The past few days have been a flurry of doctor's office visits. After the visit to the dermatologist Wednesday (my copay for 10 days worth of that prescription ended up being $75; insane!), there were the couple of leisurely hours spent in labor and delivery on Friday (due to decreased fetal movement; after an hour on the monitor, some waiting, an ultrasound, some more waiting, an internal exam, and some more waiting, I went home with a clean bill of health). Then, my regularly scheduled OB appointment on Monday, which just happened to be the appointment at which I got to wait around for an hour for the gestational diabetes blood glucose screening. That appointment led to another appointment the next day for an ultrasound to assess fetal weight and determine whether the baby is growing normally since apparently my stomach is not growing as fast as it should (although the rest of me seems to be doing fine). Of course, results will not be available for another week. Whew.
Really, it has been an eventful week after all, just not in that "Oh you'll never guess what I did this weekend" sharing a fun anecdote with your friends kind of way. (Over the weekend, we went to see Harry Potter.) On the plus side, all this doctor's office activity led a partner with whom I work to call to remind me that the firm's top priority is my health and therefore, I should definitely not be worrying about my hours or anything like that and to just let him know if I needed to take some time off (he was very sincere; it was actually quite touching). So, the document review may be boring, but compared to my other friends at NYC law firms, I guess this really is a good place to ride out the next 9+ weeks until maternity leave.
And if you just read all this only to wonder why you bothered, remember that I did warn early on that I had nothing interesting about which to write. It's not my fault you chose to disregard that warning. May next weekend bring experiences that lend themselves more easily to witty or sarcastic blog entries.
No comments:
Post a Comment