The month of July has been busy but fun. We were in Canada at the beginning of July to visit John's parents, brother, and nephew (can't remember if I mentioned that before). Then, a couple of weeks later, I went to Utah to hang out with some friends (and my little sis) for the weekend.
Funny story: I was standing in the living room of my sister's apartment in Provo. It's on the second floor, and they have a very small balcony with sliding glass doors that open out on to the balcony, which as it turns out, is a good place to sit if you want to watch traffic headed to and from the pool. So, I'm standing in the living room, pretty much right in front of these doors, looking at some knick knacks above the TV when, out of the corner of my eye, I see a group of girls walking below on their way back from the pool. They walked by, and as they did, all four or five of them turned their heads, stopped, and did a huge double take at seeing my profile. Guess they don't get many pregnant girls hanging around the complex. I seriously started laughing; they were so obvious. Later, I told my sister that I was doing my very best to spread rumors about her apartment while there - creating a phantom pregnant roommate and all. I made an appearance at church the next day, too, just to shake things up, you know. Let me tell you, being in a singles ward again after three years, especially a BYU singles ward, was very strange. I think I'll stick with my own ward.
The day after I got back from Utah (well, really the day I got back, since I didn't make it home until about 2 a.m.) was our third anniversary. That flight back was the least crowded nonstop I've been on in years when traveling between NYC and SLC. Guess there aren't many people LEAVING Utah the night before Pioneer Day, huh? (Yes, yes, we got married in Nauvoo on Pioneer Day, and yes, our flowers ended up, by chance, being RED roses, WHITE calla lillies, and BLUE hydrangea; luckily, we got a freak cool day in the middle of the normal Nauvoo July heat that year, and those flowers really were lovely together, trust me.)
To celebrate went to dinner at 21 Club, which was very yummy, especially the halibut, the lobster, and the lamb. I highly recommend their tasting menu (sans wine, of course). Every year, I think that next year we'll both take off work and spend the whole day together. So far, it hasn't happened yet, but there's always next year, right? One of these days we could perhaps actually leave the heat and humidity behind for a relaxing vacation somewhere less stifling than the city at the end of July. Maybe if I start planning now . . .
This past weekend, we went baby shopping for a Saturday night date to pick out an outfit for the baby to come home from the hospital in. It was really fun. Then, of course, one thing led to another, and we ended up buy several outfits, including this red velvet Christmas dress. It's a 3 month size, which in this brand I think means more 0-3 than 3-6, but she's measuring small now (30th percentile was the result from my ultrasound a couple of weeks ago; not small enough to worry about, they said, just on the little side), so hopefully she'll be able to fit into it sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Baby clothes are the best. You can get so many more outfits than you can in grown up clothes!
While we were in the shopping mode, we also dropped by the Manhattan Mall for some Arby's (thanks to Suzi for mentioning on her blog that there is an Arby's in the city after all). Mmmm, curly fries.
We also took what could have been a great picture of the empire state building if we had used a tripod. Oh well.
Oh, since I haven't posted any in awhile, here's a 29.5 week tummy picture from the Utah weekend. I had a really cute one from a few weeks before, but John decided that it was getting weird to post pictures of a shirtless belly. Any opinions? I just think the bare belly is so much cuter than the maternity tent clothes covered version. Must be the nudist in me.
3 comments:
I love all the pictures! Isn't buying baby clothes so much fun! I'm not even pregnant and I am obsessed with all things baby! That little red dress is really cute!
I love that pink dress you are wearing! We were stupid new parents - we bought an outfit that was sized 0-3 month to take our baby home from the hospital, and she is JUST NOW fitting into it (at 4 months old!) So, my advice would be to buy something sized "newborn" or even "preemie" for going-home clothes. Or you could always go ghetto like us and have her wearing an oversized t-shirt and diaper.
too cute emma, ina tent or no tent. show off that baby any way you can!
Post a Comment