Monday, May 7, 2007

Ball game, stroller, and countdown till tomorrow

Last Saturday, John and I were first-hand witnesses to the end of the Yankees then seven or eight-game losing streak (I forget; of course, they went on to lose to Boston Sunday, but they've won 4 or 5 of 6 games since then).





As is our custom, we got there sometime in the fifth or sixth inning. We were sitting WAY out in right field. Being four months pregnant, I absolutely insisted on seats with backs. No bleachers. We could still see pretty well, though. Also, a ton of people were throwing around these little plastic soldiers with parachutes. John was desperate to catch one, sure he could launch it further than anyone else. Every time he caught one of the little parachuters, he meticulously untangled the threads, repacked the parachute, and threw with all his might. No luck. I think most of them landed in the lap of the person in front of us or the person two people down. Stupid wind!


At one point, John left to get me a hot dog. When he came back, he said there were a ton of free seats down behind home base, so we walked down approximately a million flights of stairs and had some of the best seats in the house for the last 1/2-inning (giving me an excellent opportunity to admire Mariano Rivera, on whom Laurel and I developed a crush during the 2003 world series; he's only cute with the ball cap on, though, so John has nothing to worry about).


On another note, for all those of you worried that we will be irresponsible parents after seeing our one and only baby gift so far, I'm happy to report that we actually have something useful now! I bought the stroller (which we probably won't use for at least 8 more months, but whatever; it makes me happy), and we set it up Wednesday night. John suggested we take turns pushing each other around, maybe break it in with a couple stroller races. Seeing as how we each weigh more than the recommended 40 pounds, I'm thinking that might not be a good idea. After all, it's not REALLY a toy . . .





Also, I just thought this was hilarious.

So, now we wait. Big ultrasound at 2:30 tomorrow!

No comments: