Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy birthday, Hyrum!

Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, we made sure to start things off right with donuts. I have to say, I don't think I've ever had a truly terrible day that started with a donut.




An hour later, we hit a low point when I decided to make a quick trip to Trader Joe's in what basically amounted to a monsoon (which I loosely define as any rainstorm bad enough to force me to stop multiple times to empty water out of my rain boots).

But we bounced back in the PM with a few early presents,





dinner at Shake Shack,


What are you thinking?!? I don't want to take a picture. Give me those french fries. Now!


In furtherance of another Prete family tradition, we picked up an incredibly flattering photo of me. Monsoon hair? Check. No makeup? Check. 


First solo finish of a cheeseburger

more presents, and cake.




Happy birthday, Hyrum! We can't imagine our family without you. Now that you're a mature two years old, we look forward to seeing you take on new skills and responsibilities. For starters, maybe you could agree to show all our future children how to sleep 8-10 hour stretches at night by the time they're two months old, especially the little girl? (probably; inconclusive ultrasound last week) scheduled to join us on or about October 31.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Melanie said...

Happy birthday Hyrum and a big Congratulations to the family!!

k. said...

Hyrum! Looking so grown up all of a sudden (but then again, I haven't seen him in months). Cute boy, & a happy birthday to him! I remember his day of birth very well (especially as I pushed sweet Evelyn up & down the hills through The Ramble - on accident - & thought I was going to have a heart attack).

Miss you lots! Let's phone chat soon, yes?

Becky said...

Happy birthday to your little guy! And congrats on the new baby!

Shannon Thornton said...

Congrats Emma!!! Oh, happy birthday hyrum, in my head you are still a newborn.