Saturday, March 3, 2012

Party on

This year, I hosted three parties in less than ten days, the last two of them while sick with pneumonia. Basically, I am a rock star.

First up was gourmet club. Jenn and I did an artisan salt theme using Mark Bitterman's Salted manifesto as inspiration.




A week later, John had some friends over for the Super Bowl. Hyrum heartily enjoyed the spread.




The next day, three of Evelyn's best friends from school last year came over for a Valentine's play date. It was so fun to see all the girls together.





Yet again, Hyrum found a way to get in on the action.





To be fair, while the first party was a lot of work, I did nothing for the last two parties other than agree to let people into the apartment. The Super Bowl fiesta was all John's doing, and the play date was a group effort for which I provided only the venue. We spent the rest of February recovering from our lively start to the year, topped off with a trip over winter break last week to visit Melissa (+Jack and baby William) and Laurel in Boston. Zipcar up to Boston is so much nicer than Bolt Bus up to Boston, I must say.

For the first time in recent years, I have not wanted to rip my hair out during January or February in New York, although the past few days have really started to drag. Hopefully spring is just around the corner.

No comments: