Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The last 10 days

I came down with pneumonia.

My mom watched Hyrum while I slept on the couch all day.

Evelyn threw up in the cab on the way to church.

John left his meetings early to come home from church with us.

Hyrum threw his first 20-minutes-plus tantrum.

A friend brought dinner over.

Hyrum had an ear infection.

Another friend picked Evelyn up from school.

Evelyn's coat broke beyond reasonable repair, and all my usual suspects were sold out of winter coats.

We found a new coat with matching snow pants (neon green/gray zebra; her very insistent choice) for 40% off the sale price at Daffy's.

I had to take antibiotics for the pneumonia and experienced some unpleasant side effects.

I got to take antibiotics for the pneumonia, which killed my fever within 24 hours and also mostly eliminated what had been a completely debilitating pain in my back within five days.

I had to stop running because I had pneumonia.

I didn't have to run because I had pneumonia.

My house was a wreck because I was sick.

Because I was sick, I had an excuse to not clean my house.

I don't know. I guess maybe it really does depend on your perspective after all?

1 comment:

Katie said...

Sounds like a ROUGH week or two! Thank heavens for mom's!!!