The week after we got home from our trip west, Evelyn and I hosted little readers book club. The book was the Wizard of Oz. I looked everywhere online for cute Wizard of Oz craft ideas and found surprisingly little. I think most of the blogging world has forgotten that "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" is only part of the movie version. In the end, I had the kids use all the colors of Oz (and the rainbow) to make collages,
Then, we ate Rice Krispie treats meant to approximate the yellow brick road leading to the wall of the Emerald City.
None of the kids seemed bothered by the lack of resemblance to the actual Emerald City.
Hosting book club left plenty of time for leaf peeping in Central Park,
back-in-town errands, and just hanging out at home.
"Look, Mom, I got him to calm down and sit still. On my lap!"



1 comment:
Poor little (cough-cough) guy...he looks so tired! He is so fat too. How wonderful.
Post a Comment