Thursday, August 11, 2011

Summer thoughts

Apparently, genetics is true. Amen.




Few things are more satisfying than finally getting to stand on the bench to see the boats from the Roosevelt Island tram.




Except, perhaps, checking out new playgrounds.


Especially if they have lots of messy, germy sand.


I took four pictures while Liz and Christian and their children were here visiting. Why is it that one of them has none of the aforementioned people in it?




In other photography failures, sadly, the cutest photo is never the properly framed and focused photo. My children are so deprived, growing up with a mother who has no appropriate photog, crafting, or other stay-at-home mom hobbies.



I really wish Hyrum would learn how to climb DOWN stairs.


First solo carousel ride for Hyrum - good thing he had a big sister to show him the ropes.



Peanut butter never disappoints. Also, why do my phone's camera settings insist on reverting to 9x16 photo dimensions?


Triple stroller?


Despite outweighing virtually all their peers, my children constantly act like they're starving. Clearly, this is not the case.


And, in conclusion, running around after two kids leaves very little time for blogging.



3 comments:

CValentine said...

I love it. And though it wasn't the best pose that turned out focused, the focused one is beautiful. The same thing happens to me. I'm just not honest enough to share the out of focus one. I also love the walking video. Dillon is getting better, but he needs a little motivation, which I'm hoping he gets from Hyrum next week. We are SO excited. And maybe those boys can work on down-the-stairs together.

Laurel said...

Your kids really are cute! Even better with the shark suit though.

CINDI said...

Do love the pictures of your guys in the beginning. I can't hardly stand how cute the munchins are.