Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Run of good luck

Yesterday, I got a new apartment and new shoes. Technically, I bought the apartment and the shoes last week, but possession of these items was delivered to me only yesterday.

I have included a picture of the shoes and not the apartment because pictures showing the current condition of the apartment won't appropriately convey the fact that this is GOOD news. It's a bit of a mess.

More good news? I don't have to fix the mess myself. Our contractor brought guys in and began "Renovations: Phase I" this morning. As Evelyn put it, "Those mans are goin' to fix the paint on our walls; isn't that nice? And then it will be all clean!" Some things will have to wait until after we move in, and some things will have to wait another couple of years after that, but the stuff that needs to get done now is underway while I do nothing other than write checks and post to my blog. I love it!

Look how happy we are! Not even annoying errands---including a trip to the bank


and my 6th call to our health FSA administrator about a fax I've now sent 5 times---can drag us down! Although excessive use of exclamation points in this points might make us feel foolish when we read it later.

5 comments:

John said...

Can't nobody take my pride.
Uh-uh, uh-uh
Can't nobody hold me down ... oh no
I got to keep on moving

- Puff Daddy

Jill said...

Ditto to what John said. AND, I'm so happy for you guys! I need to see the progress before we jet and then I will rely heavily on your blogging. Please oblige.

mb said...

Yay! I love good news! We signed a lease for a new apartment today and I am feeling so great too!!! Hurrah for new homes!!!

kellyclay said...

Emma, as you know I love to use exclamation points excessively. :)

YAY for a new house.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on officially getting the apartment. Good luck getting everything done.