Since this is fresh in my blog history, I thought I'd provide a little follow up to my "Ode to Doormen" post from last week.
John and I finished up most of our Christmas shopping via Amazon this weekend. After receiving a flurry of tracking emails, I settled in to see what our local common carriers would have in store for me this week. Today, UPS attempted a delivery at my apartment while I was gone. The driver failed to check the reason why he could not leave the package. Then, he checked boxes indicating that he would deliver it on an unspecified day sometime between 10:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Obviously, I would need to change the delivery address or make arrangements to pick up the package at will call.
After a few hours, the InfoNotice number finally started working, and I logged on to change delivery on my package. I was surprised to see this InfoNotice associated with, not 1, but 2 packages. One of which was delivered today at 2:30 and signed for by a "DR." Which brings to mind a couple of questions.
First, why was one package delivered but not the other? In this case, the undelivered package contains an item worth less than $10. Second, since he was filling out one of those handy papers anyway, what exactly prevented the UPS driver from just jotting me a teensy little note saying, "By the way, I left another package for you in apartment X." Or possibly an even shorter note that just said, "Apt X." Cryptic, maybe, but I think I could have puzzled it out. Third, who is DR?
I'm off to the post office to pick up (at least) two packages tomorrow morning, then back to my favorite UPS facility in the Bronx to pick up that undelivered package later in the day. And possibly score some illegal substances. Okay, not really. This time.
No comments:
Post a Comment