Monday, November 16, 2009

Storybook ending


Yesterday was stake conference. Evelyn and I were running late, of course, and she was begging to wear her tap shoes, so I let her. We ended up sitting in the gym: wood floor + metal chairs + tap shoes + 10 minutes late = bad combo. Two hours of toddler wrangling later, John and I were both exhausted. Maybe, he said, we should rethink our plan to have lots of children. Maybe just two. Maybe just one.

One long nap and a batch of cinnamon rolls later, we were all in a little better spirits. Evelyn wanted oatmeal for dinner, which was fine by me since there were only two servings of shepherd's pie left overs. Evelyn is very sensitive to temperature. Although she sometimes confuses whether something is "hot" versus "cold," she consistently refuses to eat anything at either extreme (ice cream and popsicles excepted, of course). I brought her the oatmeal, and it was still a little hot (i.e., not completely lukewarm and disgusting yet). So, she asked me to blow on it, which I did. I then returned it to her.

John: Is it too hot?
Evelyn: No, it's not too hot.
John: Is it warm?
Evelyn: No, it's not warm. It's not too hot. It's not warm. It's just right!
John: It's like something out of a story book.
Well said.

3 comments:

CINDI said...

But how can you get upset at her? Cause she is only two and is so darn cute.

Kaedi said...

Sydney is the same way with food that is even SLIGHTLY warmer than usual. Only she promptly just spits it out -- she is worse than Max! :) Anyway, hope you guys are doing well. We miss you!

mid said...

https://www.evisrirezeki.com/2019/05/memilih-pinjaman-kta-yang-aman.html