Monday, September 28, 2009

Obsession

In my years to date, I've learned that obsessive thoughts are rarely (perhaps never) interesting to anyone other than their thinker. This holds true across a wide variety of topics, including but not limited to:
-whether you look fat
-whether the boy X who sits beside you in class likes you (usually, no)
-whether it's a good idea to cyberstalk boy X (again, usually, no)
-whether boy X thinks you look fat
-whether you will get into Y school (and it's corollary, whether you will make law review)
-whether you want to marry your boyfriend
-whether your boyfriend wants to marry you
-whether you will land Z job
-whether your offer on that apartment will be accepted
-whether the seller will back out before she signs the contract
-whether you will pass the board
-whether your bathroom will be done before you move in so you don't have to live without a toilet
-whether you will be able to get pregnant
-whether you will have your baby soon
-whether you will ever experience a full night's sleep again
-whether you should go back to work
-whether your husband's company will go bankrupt
-whether your husband will lose his job
-etc.

Having obsessed over all the topics above, and many more, I speak from experience when I say that no one, including my future self, finds ramblings on these topics interesting. Not even a little bit interesting. And since my current thoughts are consumed by another list of whethers - whether we will be in contract on our apartment soon, whether the contract will close, whether we will be homeless as of November 2 - I have decided to spare you all.

In the meantime, enjoy this first preview into our family photo session from Saturday, courtesy of the very talented Kathryn.


7 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! She is so cute! She looks like an actress.

CINDI said...

How did she get more adorable since I was there? I just want to eat her. figuratively of couse.

erin said...

i can't wait to see the rest of the family pics... and i haven't heard the latest on the apartment saga. sounds like there are new developments??

Anonymous said...

She is adorable, Emma! I can't believe how much she resembles Haylee's girls too!

I'd still kill for her hair (either for Cat or for myself, LOL!)

Melanie said...

I don't know, rambling, obsessive thoughts are interesting to me, especially when I care about the person doing the rambling. Limbo is always so hard, isn't it? I hope that all of the important things fall into place for you over the next few weeks, Babe, and remember- you can obsess with me anytime! Wit and wisdom not required. :)

Nancy said...

Too cute, emma!

hey so I'm going to be in NYC for a wedding in late october, and i'd love to meet up with you!

o charm said...

great teaser, she is so cute!! happy birthday!