Friday, June 1, 2007

Ahhhh!!!!

I think there's some kind of rule that every big deadline must always occur the day before you leave on a long-awaited vacation. After a slow six weeks or so, this week has been super busy. I had several memos due on one case plus part of a brief on another, and then at the last minute, a small production thrown in. Fun! To top it all off, I was unable to work from home in my usual lazy fashion since our internet went out Friday night, returned for a tantilizing few hours Sunday night, and then was out again the rest of the week until tonight. Of course, the cable guy is coming to "fix" it tomorrow. Sigh. They insisted when I called Monday night (after waiting on hold for 40 minutes, of course), that they couldn't do anything without sending a technician. Of course, the only time available was 12-4 on Friday afternoon. Forget the fact that some people have JOBS, you know, where you WORK, to get MONEY to pay things like CABLE BILLS FOR INTERNET THAT DOESN'T WORK!!!!

I was a little angry. Okay, a lot angry. I actually started sobbing tears of frustration the second I hung up the phone. I'd blame it on pregnancy hormones, but unfortunately, dealing with "customer service" people frequently puts me in a tizzy even when I don't have that excuse. Don't even get me started on the Dell people who, 4 months after Vista came out, still have failed to provide us with the appropriate upgrade. Sigh, again.

It's all okay, though, because the contractor says he's faxing the bid over for the wall and other work, we picked out fabric and ordered the glider, I finally made a preliminary choice on color for the carpet (check it out here, probably in sage grey), and in two days we'll be watching a movie on the beach (apparently, the resort sets a big screen up at night. Kinda cool, no?).

No work, no sleeping alone while John slaves away into the wee hours, and no cable guys. Oh, and I got $110 + tax worth of baby clothes at Macy's for $16.95 over the long weekend; so, you know, now at least she won't have to go totally naked. (Sound too good to be true? Virtually everything was on sale, but I also had a $10 coupon from the mail, a $10 credit from a coupon used earlier, and a $25 gift card they gave me as a partial rebate on something I bought in December.)

2 comments:

eyre blog said...

You are great Emma! when do you get back in town?

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Emma,
This is Natalie (Kilgore) Giddens, from your BYU NewsNet days. I stumbled across your blog from Christina Erickson's and just have to tell you and your hubby CONGRATS! We're due w/our 2nd (a little girl!) on Sept. 24th, so you and I aren't too many weeks apart. Anyway, hope you're feeling well and good luck w/all the baby preparations!