Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Surprise!

Well, this is probably not a surprise to anyone actually reading this page, since that's mainly me and John, I guess. Given the total lack of comments, I'm assuming we're sort of out there all alone in cyberspace. But, we have a new strategy for at least getting our family members to read the blog - a baby!

Yes, that's right, we are having a baby sometime on or around October 4. [In case our child reads this later, we did not have you just to increase traffic on our blog. It's just a side bonus.] For the viewing pleasure of John, me, and any family members we will now be able to persuade to occasionally look at the blog (with comments such as - well, if you want to see ultrasound pictures, those are going to be on the blog), here's the baby's second picture. (The first picture was unimpressive, just a big blob basically).


Fake "before" picture. We didn't take one at the beginning, so all we have
is the 12 week sucking in picture. Oh well.



And here's the 12 week "after" picture. What do you think?

5 comments:

Laurel said...

Who knew that you could post things on other peoples' blogs and that if you don't they think you never read the blog and don't care about them? (Though in all honesty I had completely forgotten that you even had a blog). I like the pictures but would have suggested possibly a different outfit for the fake before picture or rearranging the furniture or something. Also is there some subconscious message that you are sharing by the fact that you are smiling in the before picture but not in the after...isn't that a little backwards? Or maybe it's just the opposite of the weight watchers style pictures and you will get grumpier and grumpier as you get fatter and fatter - strike that I meant more and more pregnant.

Laurel said...

And have you had guests recently or is John sleeping on the airmattress? What did he do?

Unknown said...

No, no subconscious message, but that's an interesting point. I will make sure to brush my teeth and smile big next time (frankly, after looking at these pictures, I will also make sure to brush my hair and do a couple of other quick things. This is for posterity, after all.)

Yes, you have to post comments or people don't know that you love them.

Katie was here.

TheTaffs said...

Just so you know, I do check your blog! I just hadn't in a bit so CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you two!!! What a lucky baby!

Kaedi said...

Congrats!!! :) What fun and great news!